The Standards & Best Practices Committee advances the scientific study of health related quality of life and other patient-centered outcomes by leading projects to develop standards and best practices, as well as create tools to promote implementation of recommendations. These activities may include methodologic and applied work related to patient-reported outcomes in research and practice. The committee also serves as the custodian of ISOQOL standards and best practices documents, including updating them as needed.
With multiple projects and initiatives being conducted simultaneously, it is likely that a number of subcommittees and task forces may be formed under the umbrella of the Standards & Best Practices Committee and led by committee members.
Products of this committee are developed on behalf of ISOQOL, submitted to the Board and membership for acceptance, and published in accordance with the ISOQOL publications policy.
Board member from the Methods & Standards Council
Three (3) positions – Past, Current and Elect Chair positions
One member – Advisory Council of Past Presidents
Members are asked to serve a two-year term, with staggering term dates. Members are selected from applicants from the Call for Volunteers.
- Participate in committee meetings and conference calls.
- Lead and/or contribute to committee/subcommittee/task force projects.
- At the direction of the Board, execute projects related to the development of standards and best practices.
- Provide input to the Board regarding priority areas for standards and best practices development.
- Develop tools, templates, and other resources to promote implementation of ISOQOL’s standards and best practices.
- Serve as the custodian of ISOQOL standards and best practices, including updating them as needed.