From Our President
Welcome to the new ISOQOL e-newsletter!
By Joanne Greenhalgh, PhD
It has been a long goal of ours to add more scientific content to ISOQOL’s e-newsletter, and this new format will help us do exactly that.
Board of Directors Nominations due [Read More]
Oral, oral brief, and poster abstract submissions due [Read More]
Live Communicating Science Seminar [Read More]
Good practices for the translation, cultural adaptation, and linguistic validation of clinician-reported outcome, observer-reported outcome, and performance outcome measures [Read More]
The importance of including psychosocial items in HRQL instruments [Read More]
Vaccine for COVID-19: what are the preferences of the general public in Quebec [Read More]
View the Most Requested Articles from 2020
Journal of Patient-Reported Outcomes
- Describing the emotional exhaustion, depersonalization, and low personal
accomplishment symptoms associated with Maslach Burnout Inventory subscale scores in US physicians: an item response theory analysis (2020)
- How do patient reported outcome measures (PROMs) support clinician-patient communication and patient care? A realist synthesis (2018)
- What is an estimand & how does it relate to quantifying the effect of treatment on patient reported quality of life outcomes in clinical trials? (2020)
- Towards the use of mixed methods inquiry as best practice in health outcomes research (2018)
Quality of Life Research
- COSMIN guideline for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures (2018)
- A systematic review of quality of life research in medicine and health sciences (2019)
- COSMIN Risk of Bias checklist for systematic reviews of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (2018)
- Health-related quality of life in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: an Australian cross sectional study (2020)
Jessica Roydhouse, PhD, receives 2021 ISOQOL Donna Lamping Emerging Leader Award [Read More]
Ivan Barofsky, PhD, receives 2021 ISOQOL President’s Award [Read More]
Attend the upcoming Communicating Science Seminar!
How to Submit an Editorial
Do you have something to share about health related quality of life and patient-centered outcomes? We want to hear from you!
Interested in Advertising?
Although ISOQOL does not offer advertising in QualityTALK, we do offer opportunities to advertise in our News Update e-blast.
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.