Communicating Science Seminar:
Why you should communicate to a lay audience & add plain English Summaries to manuscript submissions
ISOQOL is teaming up with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) to bring a Communicating Science Seminar to the 2021 Annual Conference.
Join your colleagues for a seminar specifically designed to help you plan and participate in a wide variety of public engagement activities.
Using plain English summaries and other communication methods as working examples, this seminar will:
- Develop your public engagement and science communication skills by focusing on the importance of effective, two-way communication
- Enable you to engage in meaningful, reciprocal dialogue with diverse audiences
- Teach how to clearly identify a public engagement goal, define a relevant audience, craft messages tailored to that audience and consider the most effective method for engaging that audience.
In an effort to increase manuscript citations and promote the application of health related quality of life research, ISOQOL added plain English summaries to the ISOQOL Journals submission process.
Adding a plain English summary to your paper submission will help broaden the reach of the article and bring it to the attention of a wider audience, including:
- Healthcare Providers
- General Public
- Other Stakeholders
Purchase your tickets when you register for the 2021 Annual Conference:
Ticket Rate (USD)
- All Attendees: $15
Space is limited so purchase your tickets soon!
- Monday, 18 October | 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm CDT
- Thursday, 21 October | 7:00 am – 8:00 am CDT
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.