Apply for Co-Editor-in-Chief of Quality of Life Research by 15 May
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is seeking applicants for the position of Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Quality of Life Research Journal (QLR). Quality of Life Research is an ISOQOL-affiliated journal, owned by Springer.
It is an international, multidisciplinary journal devoted to the communication of original research, theoretical articles and methodological reports related to the field of quality of life, in all the health sciences.
Quality of life has become a prominent issue in biometry, philosophy, social science, clinical medicine, health services and outcomes research.
The journal’s scope reflects the wide application of quality of life assessment and research in the biological and social sciences. All original work is subject to peer review for originality, scientific quality and relevance to a broad readership. This journal:
- Promotes the communication of original research, articles, and methodological reports on quality of life
- Reflects the broad interest in quality of life assessment and research in the biological and health sciences
The newly selected Co-Editor-in-Chief will work with Co-Editor-in-Chief, Jan R. Boehnke, to manage and strategically develop the journal. Together they lead and support the board of associate editors, currently: Neuza da Silva, Gang Chen, Kia-Chong Chua, Angelos Kassianos, Irina Kinchin, Brittany Lapin, Yuelin Li, Philip A Powell, Eleni Petkari, Pei Wang (for more information see https://www.springer.com/journal/11136/editors).
The applicant should have:
- A strong scientific background in health related quality of life and patient-centered outcomes research;
- A commitment to a rigorous and equitable peer-review;
- Must be an active ISOQOL member;
- Be able to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the journal;
- Experience as journal editors (Editor-in-Chief, Associate editor, deputy editor, or equivalent);
- Experience reviewing for QLR or its sister journal, Journal of Patient-Reported Outcomes is highly desirable.
The Co-Editor-in-Chief will receive an annual stipend for a term beginning in June 2023 through 31 December 2027.
How to Apply
Applications for the Co-Editor-in-Chief position should be sent to the ISOQOL office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include a cover letter describing (i) the applicants’ interest in the position and (ii) outlining their ideas for the future of the journal. The application should also include the names of two referees/references relevant to the position, and a curriculum vita.
The application period is open until 15 May 2023.
Submit letters of interest or nominations to email@example.com:
QLR Editor-in-Chief Application
International Society for Quality of Life Research
555 E. Wells Street, #1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202 United States
For further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.