The Nominations Committee welcomes recommendations from ISOQOL members for candidates to fill two opening Directors-at-Large positions and the President Elect position. Please consider nominating yourself or another ISOQOL member for one of these important positions.
If you are nominating someone else, please provide a very brief statement supporting your nomination. The ISOQOL office will follow-up with the nominee to obtain additional information outlined under Self-nomination Instructions.
For self-nominations, you will need to submit:
- A five-page bio sketch
- One-page summary of contributions to ISOQOL
- A five-hundred word summary detailing how your vision for ISOQOL relates to the the ISOQOL Strategic Plan
The Nominations Committee will consider these recommendations in developing the slate of candidates. If you have any questions regarding the responsibilities of the positions, please contact Colleen Pedersen, ISOQOL Executive Director at email@example.com.
Final nominations are due end of day 13 March 2020. Please send all nomination information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Duties and Responsibilities
All board members are expected to attend two face-to-face meetings; one just prior to the Annual Conference and a second mid–year meeting. Expenses to travel to the board meeting not coinciding with the Annual Conference are covered by ISOQOL. Two conference calls are also required, along with any agreed-upon project work.
President Elect Position
The President-Elect will serve a one-year term (2020-2021). The President-Elect will assume the Presidency at the 2021 Annual Conference and will serve a two-year term as President (2021-2022). Upon completion of the term as President, a one-year term as Past-President will be served (2022-2023). This position is a four (4) year commitment.
Duties for the President-Elect/Past President include:
- Serve on the Executive Committee and attend monthly calls.
- Serve in the absence of the president.
- Perform such duties as identified in the bylaws or assigned by the president.
- Serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee.
Duties for the President include:
- Serve as the chief elected officer over the organization.
- Attend weekly calls with Executive Director.
- Preside over all meetings or identify a designee.
- Interface with the executive director, board of directors, executive committee, and committees.
- Appoint ad hoc committees or task forces.
- Appoint committees in accordance with bylaws.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Board of Directors and the Society.
Board members actively promote the mission of ISOQOL and manage and oversee ISOQOL’s Strategic Plan, business strategies, and all activities developed through the various working groups of ISOQOL. Each board member shall participate and lead in the activities of ISOQOL and serve as a council liaison.
Directors-at-Large shall serve a term of three (3) years and may not succeed themselves.
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission and bylaws, policies, goals and strategic plan to represent all ISOQOL members.
- Prepare for and attend the full board meetings for the purpose of ensuring good governance and strategic overview of ISOQOL.
- Support the President, Board of Directors, and Staff to strength programs and services and ensure legal and ethical integrity within the organization.
- Undertake various tasks determined by the Board including service as a board liaison to a committee, task force or program.
- Stay current on issues and trends impacting the organization and contribute to the discussion of documents provided at the board meetings.
- Serve as a council liaison to the committees, SIGs and/or task forces.
- Treat all information learned or shared at meetings as ISOQOL intellectual property.
- Take an active role in the annual scientific program by volunteering as a reviewer of abstracts, participant as a mentor in the mentor/mentee initiative and other areas where needed.
- Assist the ISOQOL office in activities to raise funds and resources for the Society’s activities.
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.