ISOQOL is happy to announce the new Dennis Revicki Memorial Award Fund, which was created to honor and commemorate JPRO Editor-in-Chief Co-Founder, Dennis Revicki, for his contribution to the Society. This fund honors his dedication to ISOQOL by awarding JPRO submission waivers to eligible applicants on a quarterly basis.
The award program will begin in January of 2022, and Evidera has graciously agreed to grant an initial donation of $3,000 to the fund. ISOQOL is very appreciative of their generous donation.
A donation link to this memorial fund has been established on the ISOQOL website. Your gift will honor Dennis’ legacy while maintaining this award and advancing health related quality of life research.
More About the Dennis Revicki Memorial Award Fund
Dr. Dennis Revicki contributed to the growth and success of ISOQOL in a wide variety of ways, including serving as a member of the ISOQOL board and as its treasurer. He co-chaired the 5th Annual Meeting held in Baltimore in 1998 and a large, mid-year meeting in Boston in 2004.
Throughout much of his career, Dennis was dedicated to mentoring and collaborating with many of our members. He was also heavily involved with ISOQOL’s journals. He served first as an Associate Editor and then two terms as Co-Editor-in-Chief of Quality of Life Research (QLR). Most recently, he was a founding Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Patient-Reported Outcomes (JPRO). By creating this scholarship, ISOQOL hopes to honor his work and legacy.
Beginning in January of 2022, a maximum of four awards will be given each year, one each quarter. The awardees will be honored at the Annual Conference.
- The first author must be a student, new investigator or special member of ISOQOL.
- The candidate will submit their request via email with a copy of the abstract to the ISOQOL office for review by the Memorial Award Judging Panel.
- If the waiver is awarded, the first author will submit the paper to JPRO and indicate the awarded waiver at submission.
- The paper/manuscript submitted to JPRO will follow the standard journal peer-review process.
- The JPRO waiver is given at submission and is not a cash prize.
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.