Date of Live Webinar
15 May 2020
9:00 AM CDT – 10:00 AM CDT
Because ISOQOL is an international society with members from all around the world and in numerous time zones, all webinars are recorded and made available to registrants within a few weeks of the live webinar.
This webinar explores topics related to mentoring by bringing together insight from members of the ISOQOL New Investigators Special Interest Group.
Included in the webinar:
- An overview of effective mentoring strategies
- Tips on effective mentoring
- The opportunity to ask an expert panel questions specific to your mentoring needs
Mentorship is crucial for the development of students, early career researchers, and academics. Successful researchers frequently attribute their success to a mentor. The right mentor can provide appropriate guidance and connections that will help one learn and grow. Are you the right one for your mentee? Our panel of three mentoring experts will share what it takes to be an effective mentor. Learn what it takes to be a good mentor, hear about effective mentoring approaches, and receive tips on how to most effectively mentor others.
After the webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Establish and grow productive relationships with mentees
- Implement strategies to build relationships with their mentees.
- Assess the needs and priorities of their mentees.
- Establish appropriate expectations for mentors/mentees
- Set collaborative, mutually-beneficial goals with mentees
- Nancy Mayo, PT MSc PhD, James McGill Professor, McGill University
- Albert Wu, MD, Professor, John Hopkins University
- Mirjam Sprangers, PhD, Professor, University of Amsterdam
New Investigators SIG